Search This Blog

Thursday, October 19, 2017

When Dreams Turn into Prayers


When Dreams Turn into Prayers



To live justly, love tenderly and walk humbly
With our God.

When dreams turn into prayers
And prayers to poems
And poems to song
Oh! Then I know
Tis not the measure of the night how long
Or even the depth of sleep – how deep
Or yet the tiredness of the frame
The temple of my soul
That weighs the gain
Tis the willingness of the spirit
To use the pain
To see His hand in all and all
To answer “yes” when ere his call
Awakens me to rise from sleep
To turn to Him, my solace (from my sore distress)
My comforter
To learn the lesson – His nobleness in death upon the cross
Those childhood wounds were buried deep
But not in vain
They’re called to fuse
The mixture of the body, soul, and mind
Into a new elixir
A balm to carry to
The next poor suffering soul
Whose faith doth grow
When she affirms
I do believe

“Help thou, my unbelief”

2-19-01

No comments:

Post a Comment