Search This Blog

Monday, October 16, 2017

And the Lion Shall Lie Down with the Lamb

And the Lion Shall Lie Down with the Lamb


Won’t you come into my parlor said the
Lion to the lamb?
Won’t you feed upon my victuals
While I tell you who I am?
Yes, I’ll come into your parlor
Said the lamb unto the lion,
But to eat and drink as you do
I’m not ready yet to try on.
I can listen to you tell me
All about yourself, I think,
If you’ll lay down right beside me
And forget the food and drink,
For I’d like for you to try
To bleat and baa as I.
Then we’ll try a bit of frisk and frolic
If your voice is not to frighten,
Or to convince me of your power.


I can lay my head down on your mane
While we spend a pleasant hour.
Then I may decide to host you
For a time back in my home.
We can frisk and frolic on the way.
I can’t prowl, or stalk, or roam.

You can pour your heart out to me
While we’re lying side by side,
For the God of all
Who loves us,
Holds us close and lets us bide
In His heart and in His arms,
For He wants us to be friends
And to help each other now.
All we do is first be willing
He will surely show us how.


No comments:

Post a Comment