Search This Blog

Monday, October 16, 2017

Acceptance


Acceptance



Restlessness.
A spirit unsettled,
Easily nettled,
Dryness of bone,
No roots of my own.

No pause that refreshes,
No word that expresses,
The unease with myself.
Shall I sit on the shelf?
And try to recover
The peace that just was.

What my gratitude does,
Changing all that is ‘round me,
To blessings – confounds me.
But I know that it works.
It’s just one of my quirks.

The change comes from within
When I barely begin.
Put the pen to the pad
And I start to be glad
For this tool I cherish.
Without it I perish
And become someone I’m not;
The remains of a sot.
Yes, I have a disease,
But it’s me that I please,
With the steps by my side.
There’s no need to hide
Nor to grovel or boast
I’m me and that is
Enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment