Search This Blog

Monday, October 16, 2017

It's a Simple Exchange

It’s a Simple Exchange


The energy, love and compassion we seek
Is totally here – that is totally awe-filled.
I shan’t seek to grasp it and make it my own
But to bathe in it – absorbing
Filling every crevice and bone.

Oh! How can I spill out the noxious?
And weedy?
By embracing the handicapped,
Affirming life to the needy.

It’s a simple exchange.
As a channel, I am
A momentary container,
A still – forming gem,
Which will brighten and glisten,
The more that I pour out,
The good stuff He provides.
His grace chips at the poison
For they’ve no place to hide,
To become entrenched – to keep me in bondage.
Oh, yes, giving is freeing
Can I yet be a sieve?
Living simply and humbly so

Others may simply live.

No comments:

Post a Comment