Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Be still and know that I am God


Be still and know that I am God


Be still and know that
I am God
Just follow where my feet
Have trod
My son alone doth show the
Way
For you to walk throughout
This day
In sweet surrender you
Must lay
Your burdens down
To rest in me
I am your sole and only
Source
Of comfort, strength and
Yes, of loss
Admit defeat and victory
Find
I’m here to heal your battered mind
A plan for you
I have you see
Ignore the madding crowds
Vain jeers
To hear my whisper in your
Ears
You’re mine, my child
I gave to you-your
Daughter is my daughter too.
I’ll love her, soothe her
Give her care
I’ll even comb her tangled
Hair
She is a special child
Of God
So she can tred where I
Have trod
And you can rest your
Weary soul
Just rest in me
I’ve made you whole
No matter what the others
Say
I’ll sooth your heart
In my own way
Be still and know that
I am God
Be still and know that  I
Am God 

9-21-05

No comments:

Post a Comment