Search This Blog

Monday, October 16, 2017

Feeling



Feeling


Feeling that of all mothers
I am abundantly blessed
In children who
Learning how to love and accept
Themselves
Are free to love
As Christ
As God so loved the world
He gave His only son
Not in love of earthly things
Are we renewed,
But in the awakening of Christ
Himself
In us,
As we find Him in others;
A lesson my children
And His children
Are teaching me.

Do I feel
   Cherished?
      Wanted?
         Skilled?
            Competent?
               Loved?

Nurtured?
   Challenged?
      Vulnerable?
         Sad?
            Confused?
               Bemused?

Upset?
   Abandoned?
      Pushed?
         Cajoled?
            Manipulated?
                Taken advantage of?

Yes, and human
But not victimized by any of these feelings
Shout “Hosanna”
And give praise
I am of all mothers
Save Mary

Most richly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment