Search This Blog

Monday, November 6, 2017

Jesus, Jesus



Jesus, Jesus


Jesus Christ- thou child so
Wise bless my hands and fill
My eyes and bring my
Soul to paradise.
Lord, please fill my heart
With joy
May I be so bold as to ask
I’m no more worthy than
Others
It’s my nature to shirk
From an onerous task.
But, Lord, joy is not absence
Of sorrow
Nor indeed the avoidance
Of pain
But it’s knowing and feeling
Your presence
While turning (I’m growing) from madness
To sane

Oh Lord, give me hope in the
Valley
With my eyes and my ears
Fixed on you
Let my heart know in time
It will rally
As it heals and expands till
It’s new
Cross the plains to
The mountains and rivers
The horizons familiar yet new
Ah Lord, May my heart
Rest in joyful contentment
Relaxing in your holy peace
Oh Lord cast out fear and
Resentment
Let the cares of society cease
I’ll go down to the Valley
Of challenge
And I’ll seek for the
Children in need
Then we’ll frolic and play
As we romp through this
Day
Singing songs, giving praise
In thought, word and deed

No comments:

Post a Comment