Search This Blog

Sunday, November 5, 2017

Helpful is my Choice




Helpful is my Choice


Hopeful and helpful is my choice
For today
Loving and giving and kind
Those worries must all be just
Vanished away
Use my feet, use my hands,
Still my mind

Oh Lord, in contentment your
Servant I’ll be
Loving and prayerful and kind
Till the pain round my heart
Eases out into warmth
So His message of peace
The small hurting souls near can
find
In the look of my eyes
In the touch of my hand
In the hug holding close heart
To heart
Hopeful and helpful are
His prints in the sand
Help me, Lord, to see clearly
My part
Maybe just a mindset, Lord
Listening humbly for your word.
Let another wield the sword
That’s the message we have
Heard
In the covenant care of my
God, I’ll wait

Completely at rest
Opening mind, heart and soul
Verily He knows what’s best
Eternity alone is my goal
Nothing wasted or ignored
Attending day by day
Natures’ light will be my sword
To the covenant care of my Lord.


10/8/05

No comments:

Post a Comment